Saturday, April 17, 2010

True, God Loves Me, But Does He Like Me?

I know God loves me...but does He like me?

Since God is my heavenly Father, I know He loves me(John 3:16). The Bible tells me so...

I am His daughter...right?
But most parents love their kids (no matter how defiant or bratty), but does God the Father like me?
Does He find me annoying?
Doesn't He get sick of my continued prayers for the same things, over and over again?
Doesn't He think I'm a whiner and complainer?
Well, yes I can be annoying and I do struggle with the same things (areas) that I ask God to help me with...yes, I can whine and complain to Him about this or that. But God loves me anyway...and His thoughts toward me are good and not evil (Jeremiah 29:11)
Isn't it awesome to know not only does God love me, God likes me too!
Zepheniah 3:17 says, "The LORD your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet [you] with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing."
God has a special song He sings over us. I can understand this because I made up little songs for each of my children...it's a special song that is personalized and only belongs to them.
How awesome that God, the creator of heaven and earth would sing over us? He sings over you. He sings over me.
So yes, God likes me and He likes you....He wants to be next to you...He wants to be there next to you when you are drinking your cup of coffee or shopping or zoning out watching TV. God's love transcends that familial love that says, "You must love me...I'm your kid" No. God doesn't just love us, He likes us. He doesn't just like us, He sings over us. Wow.
I have Zeph. 3:17 over my kitchen sink so I can be reminded that God likes me...
I thank Jesus He's not only my LORD and my God, He's my best friend too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog was...

Search This Blog