Monday, April 12, 2010

I say to Satan "You big bully!"

I just had a light bulb moment...
Satan is a bully.
Spiritual warfare is real and it sucks.
Lately, Satan has been attacking certain loved ones, closest to me, and their thoughts. I pray for them, I pray over them and I pray for Jesus' blood to cover them and give them the victory...
Still...while we are here on earth, I want you to know, God reminded my spirit today, that Satan is nothing but a big bully...

In small group Bible study, we studying Colossians. Today I read this and was totally blown away...
"The victory was won, the battle was done-Satan was defeated and conquered! Defeated however, still present in this world and still seeking to rob, kill and destroy Christians. But once we understand our fullness in Christ, we are able to have power over his evil influence...don't allow the enemy's tactics to intimidate you..." (emphasis mine)
Hmmm...Intimidate I pondered. Oh my goodness! Satan is trying to intimidate us! It's because he realizes that he lost and he's a sore loser.
Bullies intimidate. One definition of a bully is a blustering browbeating person; especially one habitually cruel to others who are weaker. (weaker? I'll come back to this...)

Wikepedia explains that: While some bullies are arrogant and narcissistic, others can use bullying as a tool to conceal shame or anxiety or to boost self esteem: by demeaning others, the abuser him/herself feels empowered.

Bullying is an act of repeated aggressive behavior in order to intentionally hurt another person, physically or mentally. Bullying is characterized by an individual behaving in a certain way to gain power over another person.
Norwegian researcher Dan Olweus defines bullying as when a person is
"exposed, repeatedly and over time, to negative actions on the part of one or more other persons." He defines negative action as "when a person intentionally inflicts injury or discomfort upon another person, through physical contact, through words or in other ways."
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullying)
Does that describe Satan or what?
I am blessed to know that Jesus conquered death and gives us the victory. But thanks [be] to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. (1Corinthians15:57).
Satan seeks to intimidate or bully us because he knows he has lost. He lost when Jesus said, "It is finished" John 19:30. He lost at Calvary's cross.
Don't let Satan rob you of your joy!!!! Stand up to the bully with Christ in front of you, your sword of truth (the Word of God) in hand and don't let his intimidation tactics mess with your mind. Recall earlier the wikipedia definition said that bullies prey on those who are weaker? Well, it may be true that I am weak. But when I am weak, that is when I am strong in Christ. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10.

3 comments:

This blog was...

Search This Blog