Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Lot's wife and Fleeing Evil

so many things stood our for me today in the 1 year Bible. the first thing that was so powerful to me was the walk between a husband and wife ...in Gen 19 we see Lot and his wife fleeing Sodom and Gomorrah. Genesis 19 verse 24 then the Lord rained down fire and burning sulfur from the heavens....He uterally destroyed them along with the other cities and villages of the plain eliminating all life people plants and animals alike. 26 But Lot's wife looked back as she was following along behind him and she became a pillar of salt. You must know the story....what struck me 2 day was the way Lot and his wife were walking. I am 4 foot 11 and my husband is obviously taller than me. When we walk together he often stops and says I'm sorry I'm walking ahead of you. He does this because he says he likes to walk by my side not in front of me. In life as married people we desire to walk together to enjoy God together to grow more in love with the Lord together. As I look at lots wife I noticed something about her she was not walking right beside her husband she was following along. Yes she was fleeing Sodom and Gomorrah but really her heart stayed there. I picture her dragging her feet like a child who does not want to go to school in the morning. Jesus said the Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. May we learn from this picture!!! May we flee violently from evil. May we hold our spouse's hand and walk with the Lord together!

2 comments:

This blog was...

Search This Blog