Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Jesus says "it's all right....I'm here"

Matthew 14:27. But Jesus spoke to them at once. "It's alright" he said "I'm here don't be afraid".I read this verse this morning in the 1 year Bible. It brought such comfort to my heart. it's so amazing how God can use 1 verse to comfort the deepest part of our souls. As I stopped and meditated on this verse I thought about what it means to hear Jesus' voice. I thought about what it means to hear him say it's alright and what it means to hear him say I'm here don't be afraid. The Lord reminded me of my daughter Olivia. She'll be 7 next month the last 7 years have been full of joy. We have always been very close. I can remember when I would drop her off in the nursery at church she would cry every time. At our home we have a very large backyard. There have been times when I went to the backyard to water plants or to get something from the garage and Olivia could not find me. She ran out in the back crying...mom mom where are you. I'm here in the back l say. The same has happened in the front yard even the other day she came to the front yard "I just wanted to know that you were still here." God reminded me of this today. His presence is enough. His voice is enough to calm my fears. His reassurance that he is always with me brings so much comfort. Even a mother with a newborn child knows that her voice can calm the child's fears. We are living in very dark days. The times are evil and the future of our country is uncertain. May we rest in the fact that Jesus says it is I don't be afraid just hearing his voice and knowing the truth from his word brings comfort. we can rest in Him.

1 comment:

This blog was...

Search This Blog