Monday, June 8, 2015

What I learned from the girl at the MAC Counter...

What I learned from the girl at the MAC counter...

It was my birthday and thanks to a generous husband I was instructed to go to Nordstrom and buy something nice. 
I bought shoes... 

But first stop I went to the M.A.C. counter. 

I had enough used M.A.C. Items to get a free lipstick (via their recycle program) would she think I was ghetto for not actually buying anything? Wait! Who cares! Recycling is good and it's my birthday. I drop it all down...giving up my recycled compacts to get a free lipstick. 
She told me she liked the color of my dress, a cobalt blue... 

 Then that's when I learned a lesson.  

She said she owned a dress the same color and never wore it. The designer was someone special and the dress cost $2,000. "I can't bring myself to wear it! It's the same color as yours... It's beautiful I love it but it still has the tag on it" 

I thought about this conversation for a few weeks and it finally hit me.

 The Lord is teaching me this--- 

Don't save your life, SAVOR it.  

 What does that mean? 

Jesus said whoever saves his life will lose it...

For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel’s will save it. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? (‭Mark‬ ‭8‬:‭35-37‬ NKJV)
 

We  find ourselves saving things for "just the right moment" only to find that moment never comes. 

We get grumpy when things don't turn out quite right or worse, we get bitter and mad at God. 

You see, that young woman  at the MAC counter was beautiful and sweet. The dress is just a dress but she thought it was so valuable because of the monetary value.  I thought ... How sad! Just wear the dress and stop waiting for something and live for today!

Like Pastor Sandy Adams shared recently, our priorities are out of wack. We place significance on things that don't matter and not enough significance on what does! 

Think for a moment of a friend or relative that you love and cherish... You love going to his/her home. I guarantee this friend has a generous spirit about her or him. She loves to make you feel at home, gives you little treasures to make you feel special. Or maybe the friend or relative gives of himself. Always building you up. Praying for you encouraging  you giving you that precious commodity - time... Listening time. 

See people that give of themselves Savor life. Don't save..... give away. Use that fancy dress. Wear the expensive perfume. Take your kids to the beach and don't care about the mess in your car after. Treat your wife special and don't worry about the bill.  Treat your husband special and don't care about the dishes. 
Don't save your life lose it.
Don't save your life SAVOR it.
That's what Jesus did... he gave it all and we should too!  
Savor means - taste (good food or drink) and enjoy it completely. God wants us to taste and see that HE is good! His Word is food and water ....His presence is fullness of joy! Let's savor life and not save things ...may God adjust our priorities. 

Thank you MAC lady... You and your blue dress taught me something with the Holy Spirit's help of course! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog was...

Search This Blog