Monday, March 11, 2024

Led by the hand

 “And since I could not see for the glory of that light, being led by the hand of those who were with me, I came into Damascus.” Acts‬ ‭22‬:‭11‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Psalm 32:8 (land of rest and joy)   

Take my hand and walk

Song by “The Kry”

I know there are times

Your dreams turn to dust

You wonder as you cry

Why it has to hurt so much

Give Me all your sadness

Someday you will know the reason why

With a child-like heart

Simply put your hope in Me


There are times when we feel so crippled and we cannot walk. Allow other brothers and sisters to come alongside you. Allow the LORD to carry you. We must be humble enough to say LORD please "take my hand and walk."

Now Saul was physically blinded by the light and he needed help walking for he was temporarily blind. 

However, when we are going through hard times, we may feel blinded by tears, fatigued from emotions and physically exhausted too.

The LORD is here, the LORD is there (Immanuel God with us)

He is so faithful.

Time after time He does carry us. He uses the Word, the Spirit and the encouragement of others to lift us up.

When Chuck and I were in Choc hospital (Jan 3-5) the LORD surprised us with flutters of encouragement. One dear friend brought us lunch (she works near the hospital) an old sister in Christ worked on the same floor we were on (the 5th floor) and checked on us often to see if Isaac needed any toys or support. Another old friend from West Covina High School works at Choc foundation and she sent a Winnie the Pooh balloon (Isaac's favorite) and other goodies that really helped Isaac endure the additional overnight stay. 

The tiny parent cot they give you to sleep in at the hospital is not comfortable. I could not wait to sleep in my bed after the procedures and tests and doctor exams were complete. However, once I got home, I was greeted with my heart pounding at 2 or 3am if I heard any noise from Isaac's room.

"what was that?"

"another seizure?"

"Is Isaac Ok?"

I would check on him and feel my heart beating so fast.

I would pray and in the morning read many encouraging texts by family and friends. He truly does lead us by the hand so we can walk, and when we can't walk He carries us. 


(Isaiah 40:11)


Thank you LORD that you lead us.

I thank you for being the LORD who calms the storm, and sometimes you dear God send the storm and allow it to sanctify us. For this, we can say thank you that you are greater than the storm, and thank you for the storm. For in all of life's trials, you will be glorified through our choice to trust you and let us be led by the hand.


John 9:1-5 New King James Version (NKJV)

Now as Jesus passed by, He saw a man who was blind from birth. And His disciples asked Him, saying, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” Jesus answered, “Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God should be revealed in him. I must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day; the night is coming when no one can work. As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog was...

Search This Blog