Monday, August 3, 2020

Lessons from Isaac's iPad

Isaac has been using an iPad for years.
One day we noticed something strange.
We would install various apps and he would smile and squeal and play them.
Then suddenly....all of the apps would be gone.
For some reason (remember he has autism and has many many quirky unusual behaviors) he would press the app down, wait for the little "x" in the corner of the ap and then delete the ap.
Then he would get frustrated because we would have to take the iPad away to "re-install" the ap which often takes 5 minutes or more to re-install the ap.

Add the ap, delete the ap, reinstall the ap...
We went on this cycle for a while until we realized something...We could "disable" his ability to delete the aps.

The LORD reminded me how he does this for us. He can both enable and disable things like a parent can monitor a child's use of an iPad.

I cannot navigate trials on my own. I am completely "disabled." The strength ap is deleted when I go through heavy trials and I need help from the administrator.

Jesus is my IT administrator and He gives me a much-needed helper- The Holy Spirit.

Romans 5:1-5
Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

I often say this to the LORD when I am going through emotional turmoil. "Jesus I feel like mush. Help, Jesus please help!"

God is not distant from my cries. The LORD is not distant from your cries either. 

He knows you need Him to press the "enable" button and implant not something but SOMEONE - the Holy Spirit- to help you in your desperate times of need. 

When I feel so down and defeated I realize I am trying to "endure" and run this race without the Holy Spirit. I feel disabled for good reason. I need the Helper- the Holy Spirit to enable me to work properly. 

During this COVID19 pandemic, you may feel disabled. You may feel completely shut down and weary...I literally told my husband the other day "I am not running on full bars." 

Sometimes you need a Holy Spirit time out where you reboot and get alone with God and listen. 

Listen to the LORD. I confess this is the hardest part of my prayer time with Jesus. I talk and talk and talk and talk and plead and confess and talk and praise. However, it is hard for me to shush and listen. 

The other day I did just that. I cried out to the LORD and I heard Him. He said to my heart "This is your special assignment. Holdfast." The next day He gave me the word "endure."

You see, I need my Abba Father to hold me. He can help me holdfast. I need to listen like Moses to God say "Stand still. Let me fight for you"

"The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace." Exodus 14:14

As Mandisa sings
"You're an overcomer
Stay in the fight 'til the final roundYou're not going under'Cause God is holding you right nowYou might be down for a momentFeeling like it's hopelessThat's when he reminds youThat you're an overcomerYou're an overcomer"
The only way to be an overcomer is to allow the Holy Spirit to "click" the enable button in your soul. We need the assistance of the Holy Spirit. Without the Holy Spirit we are toast. 



Today I heard an awesome encouragement regarding the word "worry." The word "worry" comes from the British dialect meaning to choke or strangle. 
Another definition of worry means to harass by tearing, biting, or snapping especially at the throat. Finally, to worry can mean to assail with rough or aggressive attack; or to worry means to afflict with mental distress or agitation.

Satan is literally trying to "choke" us with worries.
No! In the Name of Jesus, I give you Jesus power and permission to click the enable button on my heart. Fill me with the Holy Spirit and fight these battles for me!

What a precious lesson from Isaac's iPad and from the Word of God!!! 




1 comment:

This blog was...

Search This Blog