Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Contentment

Contentment for me is...

I wanted to homeschool, God said no.
I wanted 4 kids, God said here's 2.

I thought I would work in a firm and juggle home and family, God said working from home is enough.

I wanted to go camping, and show my children all the fun I had when I was a child.  God said no...I'll find another way for you to enjoy the outdoors, just trust me.

I wanted to hear my son sing, God said you be his song.

I wanted to serve, God said sit awhile...

I wanted to pray, but there was no way to get there...so God said pray from home.

AND THEN...

He opened the door and said go.
He held my fearful hand and said grow....
Then when I looked up and saw His face...
I wanted nothing more.
No more me.
No more of my desires.
He was all I needed.
He was enough.
He was more than enough.
He was my family, my work, my time, my pleasure, my dream come true.

All that I am is content in I AM.

"I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Phil 4:12-13 (KJV)

The Lord is my Shepherd, I have everything I need. Psalm 23:1 (TLB)
The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. Psalm 23:1 (KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog was...

Search This Blog