Just 5 more pounds and I reach my goal
Oh what a foolish dream to behold
I press on toward the goal of the prize Christ who is my life
Just a little more, just a few more hours of overtime
My kids are little they’ll understand
As a dad I gotta provide
I press on toward the goal of the prize Christ who is my life
A college degree then life beyond this lame job at Walmart
I’ll do devotions later when my adult life starts
I press on toward the goal of the prize Christ who is my life
Summer means weights & getting stronger and lean
Going to church once in a while is acceptable as I focus on my athletic dreams
I press on toward the goal of the prize Christ who is my life
I say the right things
I post a verse & say “Christ first”
But money relationships and goals are tearing me apart
I press on toward the goal of the prize Christ who is my life
Who or what is the prize?
What is it all about?
I read Ecclesiastes and I hope
Solomon has it figured out
One day at a time the men in AA say
Sober is good drinking is bad
But my goal is getting all “As” you gotta pay to play
College marriage then 2 kids and one on the way
Sorrow lasts for a night but caffeine helps keep the sleepys away
God my God
Why have you forsaken me?
I have been a Christian
I said yes to you when I was 3!
I feel empty and sad trying to connect with you feels pointless
But maybe I should try gratitude and complain less
I press on toward the goal of ….well It’s me
I am trying to build goals for my life
I need to reconfigure my priorities my Bible says
Seek first His kingdom and remember what Solomon said
Vanity of vanities life is a vapor after all
I realized people are big and my view of God is too small
I press on toward the goal of the prize Christ who is my life
I repent
I am sorry
Lord I made an idol of my selfish efforts
I made lists and was convinced this was being clever
I desire to dream bigger but be more humble in all my endeavors
“I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”
Help me
I’m weak and I need you to teach me all over again
I want to be dependent on your still small voice
I press on toward the goal of the prize Christ who is my life
Christ is life nothing else to say
Love you LORD & my heart with you shall stay!

No comments:
Post a Comment