Monday, April 22, 2019

Plastic

Lord help me be plastic.
Help me be numb to situations so I do not feel.
I can smile and act "fine" and not melt from the pain.

Lord help me be plastic.
Help me bounce back from circumstances and situations and shake the ache from the chaos inside.
Help me float like a plastic bag with not a care in the world.

Lord help me be plastic.
Help me care less, feel less, weep less and just operate in a static vacuum.

Lord help me be like plastic where I do not carry loads and burdens I can be molded and shaped easily to the day and not break or bend.

I hear Him.
I hear the Creator whisper, "No"
I made you the way you are.

Lord help me be organic.
Help me step on the grass with pedicure-neglected toes and feel the earth beneath.

Lord help me be organic where I can sob and cry but then breathe in grace and exhale faith.
Help me see with eyes of faith, supernaturally natural eyes, eyes that burn when looking at the sun but smile when hearing the belly laugh of a baby.

Lord help me be organic where I hear you whisper verses to my soul, I hear you whisper songs in the night, I feel your touch in the wind.
Help me let go of my plastic desires and long for your organic embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog was...

Search This Blog