Saturday, March 4, 2017

Hug for Daddy

Hug for daddy

Children with autism are sensitive to touch. Many (not all) children on the spectrum do not like to be hugged. This is extremely hard for us parents. I must admit, when I see a child run up to his mom and squeal "Mommy!" And wrap his little chubby arms around the mother's neck, I become jealous...Isaac doesn't do this.

Isaac has improved and he will let you hug him, but it doesn't feel genuine. Again, this is painful.

On Feb 19, 2017 Isaac had an accident. He fell very hard and there was blood (thank God no stitches)
Chuck was sharing with me how Isaac ran to him and cried and sobbed and bled.

He hugged him.
A real hug.

How many times is this true of us?

We go to our Heavenly Father and give Him a half hearted "side hug"
It's not until we fall, (emotionally, sick physically, mentally spent, financially, hurt with a relationship problem, etc) THEN we give our Father a genuine hug. An embrace that says "I'm hurting and you're the only one who can comfort me"

The Holy Spirit is the Comforter.

John 14:15-18

“If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:15-18‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So thankful for our Heavenly Father's embrace and comfort.

3 comments:

  1. Praise God for our father's unconditional love....I completely understand the desire we have for our kiddos to behave and respond "normal";however, we forget our human stamdards are limited by biases, social conditioning etc...I know God has made No mistake in allowing us to parent our kiddos...I truly believe God has used and will continu to use our childten to draw us closer and closer to Gods ❤ God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing Friend!!! Need a BIG huge from Jesus right about now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true and convicting! Thanks for sharing 🙏🏼

    ReplyDelete

This blog was...

Search This Blog