Friday, March 25, 2016

The Disciples View of Good Friday

Good Friday from the disciples was a terrible Friday - it was diagnosis day-
It's cancer
He's not going to make it
Your child has a rare disease
I'm leaving you for another woman
Good Friday was death of a dream
Their dreams and hopes were in Jesus the man they walked with for 3 years- the messiah
But now he is dead-
Guess we were wrong
He's not the chosen one
Isn't it just like us that they focused on what their eyes could see?
They saw Jesus hanging from the cross and COULD NOT FATHOM the reality he would rise again
I don't know why but this Good Friday I am putting myself in the disciples sandals.
All their dreams and hopes were dead literally
Have you been there?
When my sister Patty was diagnosed with cancer she was not even 40 and she said I don't know how people can deal with this without God.
That's the source of our hope- God.
The disciples focused on THEIR SPECIFIC DREAMS not on Gods plan of salvation.
What if Jesus said "I really love my disciples they have stuck with me through thick and thin guess I won't go to the cross because that will disappoint them..."
No.
Jesus had a BIGGER plan a bigger dream
He needed to die ---that was the reason he came.
I go back to Gen 22:12-14
 And He (the LORD)said, “Do not lay your hand on the lad, or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me.”
Then Abraham lifted his eyes and looked, and there behind him was a ram caught in a thicket by its horns. So Abraham went and took the ram, and offered it up for a burnt offering instead of his son. And Abraham called the name of the place, The-Lord-Will-Provide;[b] as it is said to this day, “In the Mount of the Lord it shall be provided.

On that same exact mountain that God provided Abraham with a ram, God would  provide the LAMB.

What dreams are you witnessing death to?

Pastor Britt Merrick's daughter died of cancer- he never saw her get married
Pastor Steve Mays died, Gail Mays will not celebrate another wedding anniversary or watch a grandbaby enter this world with him.
My son has autism, he will not likely participate in sports like typical kids- something my husband  and I had always looked forward to
My friend and her husband could not get pregnant - the dream of feeling a flutter in her tummy is dead

We all have dreams and hopes. We all have a time in our life that feels like a good Friday.
But we need to take our eyes off of self and focus on the Truth of Gods Word
God is for me and not against me Rom 8:31
Gods plan for me is good and not evil Jeremiah 29:11
Jesus  will return again and he is preparing a place for us John 14:2
Tear down this temple and in three days I will raise it up John 2:19
Jesus is the resurrection and the life. John 11:25
Trust God that His  dreams for you are better than your dreams for yourself Prov 3:5-6
Good Friday is the perfect example of this Truth!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Witnessing death to dreams that are resolved in Christians now in heaven with the father, a happy little boy who feels no pain, an empty womb made whole with adopted fertilization! God is so Good, He can do exceedingly abundantly more! I Love Him, Worship Him, Adore Him and Praise Him!!! Our God is an awesome God!!!

    ReplyDelete

This blog was...

Search This Blog